Let your kids run you round in circles, not your business.
You started your business to create freedom for you and your family but now you’re working weekends, wondering when the freedom part of this business is going to kick in.
Your day is spent lost in your inbox and down the social media rabbit hole during valuable nap time. RSVP-ing to another webinar you don’t have time to watch or implement. Adding a half dozen new must-do, should-do, have-to-do ideas to your to do list while ignoring the blog post you’ve been meaning to write for a month. Filling a client’s forgotten order while distracting the kids with TV, the iPad, anything that will let you get these packages out the door without them repurposing the last of your supplies for their doll house.
When you really want to be:
- Clearly communicating turnaround times so you can package orders once a week and never have another order slip through the cracks.
- Jumping into email to answer customer enquiries then taking a 15 minute break to hang out in your favourite facebook group.
- Creating content for your new digital course during nap time because it will provide you with valuable passive income.
- Finishing the day checking off the tasks on your short, focused to do list and lining up your actions for the next time you’re working.
The answer isn’t to hire more childcare so you can spend more hours on your business. Every hour you spend on your business is an hour you’re not spending with your family. You want those hours to pack a punch, and for there to be less of them, not more.
The answer isn’t to add more of someone else’s strategy to your to do list. Your strengths, skills, and passions are unique. That makes your business and how you work within your business unique too.
You need systems in your business that work the way you work best.
Systems that help you think less and do more.
Systems to automate and outsource what you don’t like doing so you can do more of what you love.
Systems that focus on your goals, making it easy to say no to the noise and hell yes to the opportunities to live your dreams.
I’m Kerryn Hewson and I work with creative mompreneurs to custom-design systems and solutions that make every hour away from their family count towards business growth.
After spending 10 years as a business analyst and project manager in the corporate arena on business change and software development projects, I started this business while on maternity leave with my first baby so that I could be a stay-at-home mum while creating my own freedom lifestyle for myself and my family.
Now I’m applying my analysis skills, organisation wizardry, and diagramming prowess to solopreneur and micro-businesses to help mums like me live their freedom lifestyle now.
I work one-on-one with my clients to:
- Get to the heart of what they need to do to run their business, and what they don’t need to be doing.
- Simplify and streamline these core processes into systems and routines they can do on very little sleep.
- Automate and outsource (or prepare to outsource) parts of these systems that they don’t like to or want to do.
- Create a life schedule that fits work time around the freedom lifestyle they want to be living now.
This creates space for my clients to:
- Put away their mobile phone and leave work “at the office” to be present during family time.
- Create and launch that new product or service they’ve been dreaming of.
- Pivot their business to include more passive income streams.
- Develop their community and expand their reach.
Let’s get you running your business instead of your business running you.
I’m based in Wellington, New Zealand and live by my online scheduler so that neither you nor I need to try calculate time zones with or without the added complication of daylight savings.
My husband and I spent five years living and working in Manchester while travelling to exotic destinations like Loire Valley, Sorrento, Venice, Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul, Amman before coming home to start a family. We were blessed to welcome our daughter into the world mid-2015.
A five time NaNoWriMo winner (that’s 250,000+ written words for those counting along at home) I founded a New Zealand based writers community, and spent seven years writing fiction and pursuing publication. After breaking up with my last novel in 2012 I started my online business journey that eventually brought me here to Adventures in Productivity.
I’m incredibly proud of changing 20+ years of (no) exercise and (emotional) eating habits to lose 15 kilos (33 pounds), dropping from a UK size 16 to size 10. Post-pregnancy I’ve got a similar journey ahead of me but if I can do it once, I can do it again!
I love the beach, summertime, and a good gelato (no, it’s not the same as ice cream). I’m a sucker for nostalgic and chick flick fun TV… Girl Meets World, Outlander, Fuller House, Shadowhunters. And I take my cheesecake very seriously.
The Official Bio
Kerryn Hewson is a systems strategist and productivity mentor to creative mompreneurs who want it all and a slice of cake. She designs custom-fit systems that simplify, streamline, and automate micro-businesses so that every hour spent away from family adventures and cosy date nights counts towards business growth.
Kerryn is passionate about showing moms that they don’t need to sacrifice their family to grow their business, or their business to grow their family. They can have their freedom lifestyle now.
When she’s not drawing process maps, you can find her cosying up with a magazine and cup of peppermint cinnamon tea, performing nursery rhymes to her baby daughter, or taking a walk along the beach.
Let’s get you running your business instead of your business running you, starting with your FREE Get Focused Workbook.
© 2016 Kerryn Hewson Limited | All Rights Reserved